Tips and tricks to feed the most chickadees:
* stand very still
* if you need to move, do so very slowly and quietly
* rest your arm on the railing if it's getting tired
* you may want to kneel down to do this more easily
* hold your hand away from your body so that the chickadees feel less threatened
* don't talk (if you need to, whisper)
* be patient!
* black sunflower seeds and striped sunflower seeds are VERY popular (so are peanuts, but be careful with allergies - we can't use them with the school)
* go to an area that chickadees usually frequent - perhaps where you have a regular feeder, close the feeder and hold a handful of seeds out and hope for the best!
Good luck trying to feed chickadees!
This video was shot in slow motion, and refined in HD - they move VERY quickly...
Click to set Tweets by @KaarinaLosey custom HTML